Sunday 8 February 2009

Trying out Bikram Yoga

I have been thinking about trying Bikram Yoga for ages. After being recommended by Mylda last year, the idea has been festering behind my brain for awhile. However, I have been reluctant to go due to financial reason, after all as an intern, I wasn't earning that much and any meagre money that I have left would end up in my shopping budget.

Then comes the perfect timing, I have been getting itchy to work up some sweat and there is the Christmas fat that has been a bit difficult to get rid off. So after dragging Da Fonz to wake up early this Sunday, I managed to try a session of Bikram yoga. And what an intense 90 minutes of work out it was!

26 poses later, I was drenched through and through. The 40C steam room helped a lot in the process and in the end, my muscles were stretched and jelly-like. In addition to that, I feel so invigorated through the breathing exercise. I am sooo going back. If you are interested to try a session of Bikram yoga then I will suggest you to check your local community or if you live in The Hague, you can visit Bikram Yoga Den Haag.

No comments: