Sunday 31 August 2008

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

I can't believe that we are having such a wonderful late summer weekend. After weeks of gloomy rainy grey days, the sun decided to peek out and shine to our delights. It makes me feel very languid and lazy, but I can't forgo the opportunity to have a summer picnic! After the invitations were shelled out and finger-food planned, I was more than ready to enjoy myself. Happily many decided to attend and join the Saturday picnic in the Queen's stable. Good wine, good food, good weather, and good atmosphere, I couldn't ask for more.

Anyway with this post, I just want to share one of my favourite cookies recipe: chocolate marshmallow cookies. It is such a favourite that sometimes, half of the batch would be gone before I finish baking all of them! It also looks very cute because of the marshmallow's pastel colour ;-)

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pack of marshmallows

Steps:
Preheat the oven to 190C. To make the cookies, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a big bowl. Put butter and sugar in another bowl, mix on medium high until fluffy. In medium low, add in egg, milk, and vanilla. Then combine the flour, 1/2 cup at times.

With a big spoon scoop the dough into the parchment. Space it generously because those lovely dough will grow healthily. Bake them for 8-10 minutes then perch the marshmallows on each of the cookies. Put them back for 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows stick to the cookies. Cool them out and voila!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aih... jadi ngiler!